Sunday, July 4, 2010

Homework Supervisor and Student Mentoring and Tutoring (11 hours Service) (Term 1, 2 and 3)

Over the first, second and third Terms, I have tried to help students with their organisation to not only make us be a role model and improve them, but also to improve our OWN organisation so we can in turn, try to help them better. However, I have always taken pride in my organisational skills and I have suggested that my student follow the same work patterns as I do so that they can be as productive as I am which I stress to him. I enjoy caring for and seeing other students be successful through just being given a short talk to at the start of the day twice a week to see if any subjects are giving them trouble or if they need advice; mainly, they just need to be shown how to do things and then they will do it well. All that's needed is that initial push and I have firsthand seen how my student has progressed and been a better student in general. I had never had this opportunity of an extra option to help me in the past and I feel satisfied that my student DOES have this opportunity so that he can perform better in school.

In Term 3, I tutored a student two years lower than me for the IGCSE maths course in order to help him improve his knowledge of the subject, ask quesitons and to reinforce what he had learnt in class. I felt that while I was tutoring, I was also revising my old work which tied into the current maths course that I was doing, IB Mathematics Higher Level. This was the first time that I had actually tutored anyone for anything and the experience taught me to be patient with the process and open-minded with the way that I could explain the different topics, so that I could teach them in the best way to enhance his learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment