Saturday, May 1, 2010

Soccer Training, Matches and Football Funday (6 hours Action) (Term 1, 2 and 3)

In Term 1, I briefly joined the soccer team as requested by my friends so that I could take part in the annual Football Funday held at Jerudong International School. Soccer is purely a game of style and skill. Since I was young, I have mainly taken the position of a defender, providing solid protection for whichever goalkeeper that is working with me. I take great satisfaction from knowing that I have prevented a goal for the team and know that I have been a part of our victory - I like to contribute, to make me feel as if I've accomplished something and here, I know that I am improving the bonding and trust between us all whilst also representing the school during the funday where we narrowly missed out on being in the semi-finals by goal-difference. I hope to get back into soccer again as a full-time sport soon so that I can improve my defensive skills around my talented friends who play as strikers.

During Term 3 I managed to find enough time in order to play for ISB's soccer team once again, this time we had already made it into the semi-finals of the cup. Our opponent was the sports school, Sekolah Sukan. They proved to be formidable opponents with their fast style of play. However, we managed to use this against them in order to score one goal and we had a close chance in the last few minutes to equalise but we failed to do so. This, like most sport activities, taught me to accept defeat and try to figure out where we went wrong so that next time, we may play better and maybe win in the finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment